When can KRY be used?
Is Kry a suitable healthcare provider for all medical problems?
No, Kry is not a suitable healthcare provider if:
- You have a symptom / disorder that requires physical examination, some type of sampling or x-ray
- You are in need of drug-based medicine. These are not prescribed via Kry.
- You are in need of medicines containing pregabalin (Lyrica) or gabapentin (Neurontin)
- You want to start treatment that requires long-term and regular medical contact
- You are in need of a sick leave that may last for a long time. Kry cannot issue sick leaves longer than 14 days. The 14 days count from the first sick day, i.e. you have already been home for a week, Kry can maximally help you with 7 days sick leave.
In case of emergency, call 112 and visit an emergency room.
We have Healthcare centers in Stockholm, Lund, Malmö och Nyköping
You can get help with the errands above at our physical clinics in Stockholm, Lund, Malmö eller Nyköping.
För Stockholm, Lund och Malmö
Start by booking a video meeting in your Kry-app.
Call 0155-60 63 30 to book an appointment.
Can I use Kry abroad or in different Swedish locations?
Yes. As long as you have a BankID, a smartphone or tablet with good internet connection, a functioning camera, microphone and speaker, you can consult your doctor in Sweden via Kry from anywhere in the world.
Keep in mind that the prescriptions our doctors issue only can be retrieved in Sweden.
Can I book a meeting on behalf of my child?
Yes. To book an appointment for your child, log in to the Kry-app by signing up with your own BankID. Select either drop-in or select a time that suits you. You will now get the question "for whom you want to book the time", choose "My Child".
Children who are 16 years old can identify themselves with BankID at Kry.
Children must be present during the appointment, just like any other appointment at a physical healthcare center.