When can Kry be used?
Is Kry digital service a suitable healthcare provider for all medical problems?
No, our digital service is not always a suitable healthcare provider if:
- You have a symptom / disorder that requires physical examination, some type of sampling or x-ray
- You are in need of drug-based medicine. These are not prescribed via Kry.
- You are in need of medicines containing pregabalin (Lyrica) or gabapentin (Neurontin)
- You want to start treatment that requires long-term and regular medical contact
- You are in need of a sick leave that may last for a long time. Kry cannot issue sick leaves longer than 14 days. The 14 days count from the first sick day, i.e. you have already been home for a week, Kry can maximally help you with 7 days sick leave.
For cases above we recommend you to book a time and visit a physical Healthcare clinic.
In case of emergency, call 112 and visit an emergency room.
We have Healthcare clinics in several places in Sweden. For more information about our Healthcare clinics, follow this link.
Can I use Kry abroad or in different Swedish locations?
Yes. As long as you have a BankID, a smartphone or tablet with good internet connection, a functioning camera, microphone and speaker, you can consult your doctor in Sweden via Kry from anywhere in the world.
Can I book a meeting on behalf of my child?
Yes. To book an appointment for your child, log in to the Kry-app by signing up with your own BankID. Select either drop-in or select a time that suits you. You will now get the question "for whom you want to book the time", choose "My Child".
Children who are 16 years old can identify themselves with BankID at Kry.
Children must be present during the appointment, just like any other appointment at a physical healthcare clinics.